Monday, August 6, 2012

1940 Census Research Proving to be Very Rewarding

My genealogical research has taken a big step forward, with the launch late last week by Ancestry of the  complete index to the 1940 Census. If you wish to read the announcement from Ancestry in its entirety, you can go to my other blog, NEOhio Geneology Blog, at http://www.neohgen.blogspot.com/

Not only is the 1940 Census completely indexed and the index linked to the census images, but I'm really pleased that I can use Google to conduct my searches--often faster and more efficiently than with Ancestry's own search engine. I posted about this on this blog a few days ago. Click on this link "Use Google to Research in 1940 Census" to read that post.

In many cases, I am finding that people lived somewhere other than where I expected them to be. And sometimes the people living in a household are a surprise to me.

You are missing a huge genealogical resource if you are not working the 1940 census for all your ancestors living in 1940.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog